What's in This Article:
- Workflow Status Notifications Overview
- How the Motorist experiences the Notification
- How To Set Up The Workflow Step
- The Vehicle has already advanced further in the Workflow when Motorists open the text/email
Workflow Status Notifications Overview
Based on the preferred way of receiving the update notification per email or text, the motorist can now automatically receive an update the moment the service advisor has moved the vehicle into a workflow step activated for notification. In order to protect the service advisor from erroneous vehicle management, the notification will only be sent out when the vehicle has entered the workflow step the first time. Thus repeat back and forth between workflow steps will not be sent to the motorist.
This allows you to reduce call volume by 30-40% (Based on feedback from our customers). Motorists no longer call looking for updates or with questions due to the detailed and straightforward updates.
How the Motorist experiences the Notification
As demonstrated in the images below, the motorist receives an email or text with a link to the vehicle-specific web page, which shows
- Your shop name
- The notification specific to the workflow step the vehicle entered
- An image of the vehicle (stock photo or an image the motorist or shop uploaded)
- The services being performed on the vehicle
- All authorized jobs are visible
- Links to already performed inspections at this or previous visits
- If the inspection has not been emailed or texted already a disclaimer about the inspection results being still incomplete is added
How To Set Up The Workflow Step
1). Select the Hamburger Menu on the top left of your homepage
2). select System Settings
3). Select the inspection tab on the left-hand side of your screen
4). Select the "Customer Messages" tab on the top row
5). To allow workflow steps to be sent to customers check this box
6). To schedule what time frames those notifications will be sent, configure them here
7). To select which workflow steps will be sent to customers, select here
8). To preview and configure the message sent to the customers, select here,
9). To Include the inspection result in the customer communication, check the corresponding check box.
A window will pop up to preview the message sent to customers
The Vehicle has already advanced further in the Workflow when Motorists open the text/email
To avoid that motorists are misguided, the additional wording “Your vehicle has advanced further since this message has been sent, we’ll keep you updated.” is being added to the notification.