What's In This Article
How Employees Appear in AutoVitals
The Employee Name field is displayed in AutoVitals. The "File As" and "Display Name" are not used.
Reasons an Employee May Not Show in AutoVitals
An Employee may not be showing in AutoVitals for any of the following reasons:
- If the Employee is inactive (or deleted) in Protractor
- The Employee Name is blank
- It has been less than 1 hour since they were added in Protractor (new Employees take ~1 hour to appear in AutoVitals)
By default, there is no Service Advisor assigned to the work order in Protractor. When one is selected on the work order in Protractor:
- The Service Advisor's initials will appear on the Repair Order (RO) Tile on the Today's Vehicle Page (TVP)
- The Service Advisor's initials will appear on the RO details on the TVP
By default, no Technician is assigned to the work order in Protractor. When one is selected on the work order in Protractor:
- The Default Technician will show in AutoVitals and the Technician will be assigned to all of the jobs on the RO which are not already assigned to someone else
Technician Per Job
In addition to the Default Technician, Technicians can be assigned to individual job groups in Protractor. When one is selected on the work order in Protractor:
- The Technician assigned to the job group in Protractor will also be assigned to that job group in AutoVitals.
Protractor has the option to create an Appointment, Estimate, Credit Slip, or Work Order. Requirements to appear in AutoVitals:
- Must be a Work Order in Protractor
- Must contain parts/labor
Then, depending on the Status in Protractor, it will appear in AutoVitals accordingly:
- If the Work Order is in Scheduled Work status in Protractor, it will show up as an Estimate in AutoVitals
- If the Work Order is in any status other than Scheduled work in Protractor, it will show up as a Repair Order in AutoVitals
Note: How and where these show up in AutoVitals are dependent on your AutoVitals package and shop settings. Please ask your Customer Success Advisor to review this with you and select the best configuration for your shop.
Work Order Items
All labors and parts within a job group (or "Service Package"). All types of services (concerns, inspections, or services) will appear in AutoVitals as shown below:
- Job Group Name
- Job Group Description
Footers do not appear in AutoVitals
All job groups will appear in AutoVitals and can be sent to the Technician's tablet:
- If a job group contains no labor or parts, it will still appear
- If there are multiple labor lines, all parts in the job group will appear under the first labor line
- If a job group contains a part, but no labor line, AutoVitals will add a generic labor line so the part(s) have somewhere to appear
Protractor's Authorization feature has no effect in AutoVitals. Instead, the workflow step determines whether or not a job is approved. Since Protractor's Authorization only specifies dollar amounts, and not whether specific jobs are authorized, AutoVitals cannot use this to determine job approvals.
Protractor has both "Hours" and "Technician Hours". Technician Hours (only) are displayed in AutoVitals on the TVP and the tablet.
To view, double-click on the labor line in Protractor. The summary view of the work order only displays the hours billed to the customer, so viewing the job details is necessary to see Technician Hours.
In Protractor, a job group can be declined, or sent to Deferred Work.
To view Deferred Work, see the tab at the bottom of the screen:
To move a job to Deferred Work, right click and select Move To Deferred Work:
In order for AutoVitals to turn deferred work in Protractor into recommendations in AutoVitals, you'll want to enable the setting below:
- Go to Communication > Post Visit > Service Reminders > Make declined jobs recommendations for the next visit
The Customer Name field is used for the name displayed in AutoVitals.
- If the Name field is empty, AutoVitals will use the File As field instead
- Any additional names listed in Protractor are not used in AutoVitals
- Edits to a customer Name field will transfer to AutoVitals within 1 minute
The first email address listed in Protractor is used in AutoVitals. Any additional email addresses in Protractor are not used. Edits to the email address will transfer to AutoVitals within 1 minute.
The first 2 phone numbers listed, in order, in Protractor will be the 2 numbers stored in AutoVitals.
- If the first number is a mobile number, it will be used for text messaging
- If the first number is a landline, the second number will be used for text messaging if it's a mobile number
- If neither of the first 2 numbers are mobile numbers, the customer will not be opted in for text messaging
Customer Communication (No Marketing)
Protractor has 3 fields related to customer communication/marketing for a customer: No Messaging, No Email, and No Post Card. Here's how we use them in AutoVitals:
- Selecting No Messaging in Protractor will disable text messaging in AutoVitals
- Selecting No Email in Protractor will disable emails in AutoVitals, except for updates on a current visit
- Selecting No Post Card in Protractor has no effect in AutoVitals
The following fields in Protractor transfer to AutoVitals:
- Year, Make, Model (YMM)
- License plate
- If Protractor has a 17 character VIN for the vehicle and it can successfully be decoded, AutoVitals displays the associated YMM
- If there is no VIN in Protractor, or the VIN is invalid, AutoVitals will display the YMM from Protractor.
- VINs < 10 or > 17 will not be transferred to AutoVitals
Canned Jobs / Service Packages
Service Packages in Protractor will be added to AutoVitals and are available for inspection sheet mappings. Newly added Service Packages can take up to 1 hour to appear in AutoVitals.
By default, Service Packages in Protractor do not have a visible job code. Service Packages without a job code will still work in AutoVitals, however, if a shop wants to share their inspection sheet, or use another shop's inspection sheet, it is mandatory that job codes are added in Protractor before configuring the inspection sheet.