What's in This Article:
- Inspection Sheet Editing Overview:
- How to Get to Editing Inspection Sheets:
- How to Create a New Inspection Sheet:
- How to Use an Inspection Sheet From Our Library
- How to Copy an Inspection Sheet:
- How to Modify Statuses:
- How to Edit a Section:
- How to Edit a Topic:
- How to Add Conditions:
- How To Map a Condition to an Action:
- How to Add Canned Jobs as Actions:
- How to Add and Delete Topics
- How to Add Customer Video to Inspection Condition:
- How to add a default action to a topic condition
- Mandatory Topics
- Mapping of Recommended Actions
- Additional Configuration Options for the Inspection Sheet
- How notes, captions, and why important notes appear on the customer’s inspection report
Frequently Asked Questions
Inspection Sheet Editing Overview:
How to Get to Editing Inspection Sheets:
To begin creating Inspection sheets, navigate to the inspection sheets page. From your home screen select the hamburger menu then select inspection sheets:
From there you will be navigated to the Electronic Inspection Sheet page
How to Create a New Inspection Sheet:
1). Select New
2). Type the name of the new inspection sheet you'd like to create
3). Select "OK"
How to Use an Inspection Sheet From Our Library
1). Select "Add/remove sheets from library"
2). Select an inspection sheet from our Global Library of inspection sheets provided my real shops like yours.
3). Select Ok once done
How to Copy an Inspection Sheet:
1). Select the drop-down arrow
2). Select the inspection sheet you would like to edit
3). Select copy
4). Rename the copied inspection sheet
How to Modify Statuses:
Begin by clicking the pencil icon next to the status you wish to edit, from there you can;
1). Name and modify the position of the status
2). Select a color to correlate with the state in generated reports
3). Select an icon or image to correlate with the status.
Note* Creating a new status is the same process except click the "new" button to the right of the statuses
How to Edit a Section:
1). Click the pencil icon
2). Name the Section
3). Choose where the section is oriented in regards to the rest of the sections (i.e. you can make it so the technicians work from front to back under hood).
How to Edit a Topic:
1). Select the Pencil Icon
2). Here you can edit the name of the topic and its orientation
3). Choose the different conditions for a topic
4). Choose different actions for topics.
How to Add Conditions:
1). Select the "Add" button
2). Name and position your condition
3). Select the "status" (Good, needs attention, etc). and the correlated action
How To Map a Condition to an Action:
1). When modifying a condition as outlined in the step above, you can select a specific action to be associated with it by clicking the drop-down outlines in the photo above
How to Add Canned Jobs as Actions:
1). Click the "+ Job" button
2). Type put the canned job you would like to add
3). double-check the position is where you would like it.
How to Add and Delete Topics
1). How to add topics
2). How to delete topics
How to Add Customer Video to Inspection Condition:
1). Select the pencil icon on the topic you are editing
2). Select the condition you want to edit
3). then select the pencil icon
4). Click "Select from AV Video Library to select the video in the AV library you want to add.
5). If you want to add your own custom video, select custom from the drop-down
6). Paste a URL of a video you would like to upload and then replace the thumbnail or Photo that appears before the video.
How to add a default action to a topic condition
Once you have built out your recommended actions for a particular inspection topic, these actions can be automatically selected when a condition is selected by the technician. You will add the default action to the condition.
From the Edit Topic Pop-up:
- Select the condition you would like to add a default action to
- Click the pencil
- Select the appropriate action from the drop-down
- You can map a canned job to an action and apply that action here
- For more information on how to add canned jobs as actions click here
- You can map a canned job to an action and apply that action here
- Click OK
We are excited to announce the introduction of configurable Mandatory Topics on inspection sheets. Not to be confused with Mandatory Images, Mandatory Topics require a condition, status, and action to be entered before the technician can submit the inspection sheet.This eliminates the need to re-distribute incomplete inspection sheets back to the technician when the submitted inspection is not completed to your shop’s standard. Additionally, this feature is highly customizable to tailor to your shop’s needs. Important topics can be marked as mandatory on an individual basis or ALL topics on an inspection sheet can be marked as mandatory with one click.
Users will have the option to mark ALL topics on an inspection sheet as mandatory
Conversely, users can go in and mark highly valuable individual topics within an inspection sheet as mandatory.
Mapping of Recommended Actions
When a specific condition is selected, the configured status automatically populates for the technician. Now, we have extended this functionality to the recommended action as well. This means that with just ONE tap, the tech can complete a topic on the inspection. We highly recommend that you take the time to configure the appropriate topics so that your technicians can realize some SERIOUS efficiency gains in their inspecting process.
Recommended action mapping can be configured on a per topic basis using the edit a topic function.
Additional Configuration Options for the Inspection Sheet
- Add a reference image to direct the tech on what kind of image would be most helpful for that condition
- this image will not appear on the customer’s inspection report as it is meant to help guide your tech to take the best image for the selected condition
- Add a default caption for the image if it is required/taken
- Add a default customer note that is associated with the condition that was chosen
- Guided Mode settings allow for further customization -- NOTE: Your technician's will need to have guided mode enabled for the below settings to apply
- Don’t prompt for a note when this condition is selected
- Don’t prompt for an image when this condition is selected
- Don’t add an arrow automatically when this condition is selected
If multiple conditions are chosen, and there are captions and default notes associated with each, they will be combined and shown along with the first image (default captions) and/or topic (default notes).
How notes, captions, and why important notes appear on the customer’s inspection report
Reference the images below. The configurations from the condition editing screen of the inspection sheet correspond to sections of the customer inspection report numbered below. The caption (1) shows when the image is clicked, and the “Why this is important note and video” (3) show when the blue text is clicked.
Inspection Sheet Editor- Edit Condition Pop-up:
Customer Inspection Report:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I have multiple locations, how do I copy over an inspection from one location to another?
A: In the inspection sheet editor, navigate to the top of the page and select copy to other shops
Then select the shop you want it copied over to and select Ok