Keep all of your shop's tasks prioritized by time and importance. The most important tasks are always at the top of the list and are due now or overdue. Simply complete the task at the top first to stay up-to-date on your shop's day-to-day.
Table of Contents
- The Task Manager’s Features
- What Settings Impact the Task Manager’s Behavior?
- Related Articles
- My Next Tasks lists all tasks assigned to the person signed in. Only people that can sign into the TVP (service advisor, production manager, or implementer) can use the Task Manager. It does not apply to technician-only users.
- All Next Tasks shows all the next tasks for everyone at the shop
- If the signed-in person is a production manager, they can reassign tasks
- If there is no production manager and you need to monitor tasks assigned to someone else (such as when they are out at lunch) you can see tasks assigned to others in the All Next Tasks tab of the Task Manager. Service advisors marked as a production manager in AutoVitals can reassign tasks to others from here.
- Completed Tasks allows you to review completed task
- Add new tasks
- Date and Time at which the task needs to be started
- Progress of a task: Some tasks have multiple subtasks.
- Person Assigned: Click on this to reassign the task to someone else
- Subtasks: See which subtask currently needs to be completed and how many other subtasks need to be performed (in the image above the current subtask is 2:Edit images and 3 more subtasks need to be finished)
- Source of the task (vehicle alert from tablet, appointment request, manual, etc.)
- Click the up arrow to snap to top or click to drag and drop tasks up or down to represent the best priority (top position is the highest priority task)
- Down Arrow: Click the modify the exact start time of the task
- Tasks that have an exact start time are blue.
- Marking Tasks Complete: Tasks can be manually checked off or the system detects automatically that the task has been performed and checks it off without human interaction (see more detail below on auto-generated tasks)
How to Add a New Task
- Optionally, choose from a list of the last 10 tasks to save time
- Add/edit the task title and a description
- Assign the task to yourself or someone else from the drop-down list
- If the task is associated with a work order, choose the appropriate RO
- Add the time the task should be completed
How to Reassign Tasks
If you need to reassign your own task to someone else, just click on your name from the task and choose who it should be assigned to instead.
Clicking on the Shop tasks allows the SA to assign other people’s tasks to themselves (see below). Alerts still go to the SA on the Work Order.
How to View Alerts for Tasks
Service advisors only see pop-up alerts for their own incoming chat messages, vehicle alerts and automatically-generated tasks.
Service Advisors can see tasks that are assigned to others in the “All Next Tasks” tab of the Task Manager.
What Settings Impact the Task Manager’s Behavior?
Redirect automatically-generated tasks to the Production Manager instead of default person assigned
If/once there is a production manager assigned in AutoVitals, the Task Assignment settings will appear in the TVP settings pop-up. Check the tasks that should be assigned to the production manager rather than the default person assigned.
Certain actions within the AutoVitals system create automated tasks for the service advisor on the TVP to complete steps. These automated tasks are also marked completed once the steps outlined in the task are taken. To learn more about auto-generated tasks click here.
Added Task Manager Functionality for Production Managers
- Automated tasks can be assigned to the Production Manager instead of the default person the RO has been assigned to in the POS. To read more about this click here.
Note: The production manager may be the person responsible for completing the task or be responsible for assigning said task to the appropriate person in the shop to best manage shop workload.
- Ability to reassign any task to anyone in the shop (even when it is not assigned to the production manager role).