What's In This Article
- Integration Overview Video
- Getting Started: Repair Order Creation
- How to Send Information from AutoVitals to Protractor
- Supported 2-Way Integration Information
Integration Overview Video
For the best video viewing experience:
Click the gear icon and then click Quality
Select the highest-quality setting (usually 1080p60)
Click Full Screen
Getting Started: Repair Order Creation
Please see How Data Transfers from Protractor to AutoVitals for more detail
When an RO is saved with at least one authorized labor job in Protractor, it's pushed to AutoVitals and will appear on the Today's Vehicle Page (TVP). AutoVitals receives the RO details with associated customer and vehicle information.
The following information is required:
- Customer name
- Vehicle License Plate
- At least 1 authorized Labor line
- Change to status Vehicle On Site
How to Send Information from AutoVitals to Protractor
On the Today’s Vehicle Page (TVP) in AutoVitals, there are 2 options to send information back to Protractor:
Update VIN/ODO: will push only VIN, license plate, and odometer in/out back to Protractor
Update WO: will push all of the information available, including vehicle information back to Protractor (see more detail in the section below)
Note: These buttons must be clicked to send information back to Protractor. Information will not send automatically to avoid changes to the work order happening without the Service Advisor’s knowledge.
Supported 2-Way Integration Information
- Vehicle Information: VIN, license plate, odometer in/out
- Technician Assignments: Default Tech, labor line Tech assignments
- Inspection Information: Recommended canned jobs, customer-facing notes, inspection URL
- Job Information: Customer-facing notes, job completion status
- Technician Time: Clock in/out time, worked time for each RO
From the Autovitals.X mobile application, the Technician can easily gather vehicle-specific information from the home screen:
- Press the VIN button to open the camera and scan the VIN tag of the vehicle and this will automatically add the VIN as well as trim level, engine, and drivetrain options
- Press the ENTER ODO button to enter the IN and/or OUT mileage
- Press the Plate button to manually enter the license plate
Today's Vehicle Page
Once this information is gathered, you will be able to see this information on the Repair Order on your TVP:
After the Service Advisor presses UPDATE VIN/ODO or UPDATE WO button, the following information will be pushed to Protractor:
- License Plate
- Odometer In/Out
Technician assignment can be performed in either Autovitals or Protractor:
- If you assign the technician(s) in Protractor, AutoVitals will detect it and automatically assign the Repair Order to that Technician's tablet and Tech View column on the TVP.
- If you assign a labor line to a technician(s) in AutoVitals (or assign the Default Technician to all labor lines), once the UPDATE WO button is pressed, Protractor will update each labor line to the assigned Technician(s).
- If you assign the technician(s) in Protractor, Autovitals will detect that assignment and automatically assign that Repair Order to that technician's tablet and Techview column.
- If you assign the technician(s) in Autovitals, once the UPDATE WO button is pressed Protractor will update each labor line and/or the default tech to the assigned technician(s)
After the Technician has completed the inspection on the AutoVitals.X app, if you have your Protractor canned jobs integrated with your inspection sheet (more on that here), those recommended canned jobs will be sent back to the Repair Order in Protractor.
- The recommended canned jobs in AutoVitals can be added directly to the Work Order in Protractor OR to the Deferred Work tab in Protractor. This is a setting which can be configured in AutoVitals (below).
- If the canned job contains labor line(s), parts, etc, in Protractor, all of that information will be added to the RO (unapproved) when the job is sent from AutoVitals.
In addition, the following information can be added along with the recommended job:
- Recommended canned job
- Inspection topic
- Condition of the topic
- Customer-facing notes
- Image and/or video links
A link to the inspection results will be added to the job notes in Protractor.
- If a Smart Marker is configured and the work order contains the canned job associated with that Smart Market, the inspection URL will be added to the notes of that job. Also see: Smart Markers
- If a Smart Marker is not configured, then a new job will be added to the work order for Digital Inspection Results with a link to the inspection URL:
If the Technician adds information to an approved labor line, that information can be sent back to Protractor.
Any approved Customer Notes in AutoVitals as well as Completed Job(s) will be sent to Protractor when you select the UPDATE WO button:
- Job Completion can be set to 100% on either the AutoVitals.X app or from the Today's Vehicle Page by pressing the circle-icon to the left of the desired labor line
- Approved Customer Notes
Technician Clock Time
To enable updates to Technician Clock Time in Protractor, you must have the following setting enabled in AutoVitals:
The following information is sent back to Protractor's Time Clock report from AutoVitals:
- Technician's Clock In and Clock Out activities
- Technician's Worked Time on specific ROs
This information is sent to Protractor when:
- The UPDATE WO button is clicked on any RO
- "Done for Today" is clicked
- If neither of the above was completed, time clock entries will be sent back to Protractor automatically every night
If you have any additional questions, reach out to our Support Team by clicking Submit a Request in the top right-hand corner of this page.