Table of Contents
- What does the CRM Next Visit Tab help with?
- What are the best practices?
- General Functionality
- How does AutoVitals pick up recommendations from your Point of Sale?
- How do recommendations from inspection results appear on service reminders?
- How do you adjust between scheduling the next appointment or confirming the settings for the next service reminder?
- How does the "remind to call" checkbox work and when should it be used?
- Will changes to the recommendations and declined work in the PoS after the RO is closed be picked up by AutoVitals for the service reminder?
What does the CRM Next Visit Tab help with?
The CRM Next Visit functionality makes exit scheduling easy, by aggregating recommended services from your PoS, mileage based services, and recommendations from past inspections all in one place. You can then present to your customer what they will see on their next service reminder to get that next appointment scheduled at pickup.
What are the best practices?
We recommend you use the CRM Next Visit tab (in the work order popup) at pickup. When the vehicle is in the Pickup workflow step, the Next button appears on the vehicle tile as a shortcut to that tab. During pickup, you can then have a conversation about scheduling the next appointment.
- Annual Mileage: The annual mileage is calculated based on past visit odometer readings for this particular vehicle. If it’s the first visit for this vehicle, it defaults to 13,000.
- Service Interval: If you update the service interval from here, this will be the new interval going forward. Only change it if you want this to be the new interval. The next service date is based on service interval/period whichever comes first.
- Period: If you update the time period from here, this will be the new interval going forward. Only change it if you want this to be the new interval. The next service date is based on service interval/period whichever comes first.
- Remind to call: Add a reminder to call the customer for declined services which appears in the task manager, and call campaigns
- Days Until Reminder: If Remind to Call is checked above, the reminder will occur after the number of days selected here. Choose between 1-14 days to set the reminder call
- Next Service: The next service date is based on service interval/period whichever comes first.
- Current Visit Type: Change what the current visit should be recognized as if needed. By default, a visit is recognized as a maintenance visit if maintenance jobs are included on the work order. Your maintenance jobs were defined by AutoVitals during onboarding. If AutoVitals is not accurately recognizing the visit, please submit a help ticket.
- Current ODO: Odometer from the current visit
- Next Visit ODO: This is the estimated odometer for the next visit. It is based on the annual mileage and when the next service date is set for.
- Reminder/Appointment Toggle: Toggle between setting an appointment or reminder for the next visit. It is a best practice to schedule the next visit rather than set a reminder. Even if it is far out, the customer will receive appointment reminders with the opportunity to reschedule if needed.
- Recommendations listed in the PoS. Click here to learn more about how we pull them from your specific point of sale.
- Due Date: The due date is based on the next service date unless there is a due date in the PoS. The due date can be manually adjusted for those jobs designated to appear on the reminder. When the job is set to be included in the next visit, the date cannot be adjusted since there can only be one “next visit” date.
- Appointment/Reminder/Exclude: Choose whether the specific service appears on the appointment, reminder, or is excluded altogether.
- Star Icon: If configured, canned jobs from your PoS appear on the service reminder
- Expand Icon: Expand to see the service details
- Inspection Results: Recommendations from inspection topics requiring immediate attention. Learn more about how to configure these.
- Future Attention: Recommendations from inspection topics requiring future attention. Learn more about how to configure these.
How does AutoVitals pick up recommendations from your Point of Sale?
AutoVitals will pick up recommendations from your Point of Sale if either or both of the following highlighted settings are enabled in My Shop→ Predefined Jobs→ Recommendations for next visit:
How do recommendations from inspection results appear on service reminders?
How do you adjust between scheduling the next appointment or confirming the settings for the next service reminder?
By default, the motorist will be set to receive a service reminder for the next visit based on the settings you agreed upon during your product setup. You can turn this scheduled service reminder into a scheduled appointment when speaking to the customer at pickup. To do this, switch the setting highlighted below from reminder to appointment.
Additionally, if only some services should be included in the scheduled appointment you can set the others to be included in a service reminder or excluded from both the appointment and reminder by adjusting the radio button next for “Appoint.,” “Reminder,” or “Exclude.”
How does the "remind to call" checkbox work and when should it be used?
In call campaigns, there is a section for following up with customers who had a recent visit. You can set the filters based on the number of days since the visit, dollar amount spent, and number of recommendations to determine who should be a part of your call campaign.
The remind to call checkbox in the CRM Next Visit tab should be used if you need to follow up with a customer outside of this ordinary post-visit follow up. You can specify between 1-14 days for this follow up call, and the reminder will appear in your call campaigns list.
Will changes to the recommendations and declined work in the PoS after the RO is closed be picked up by AutoVitals for the service reminder?
No. The settings applied in the CRM Next Visit tab (accessed by clicking the Next button on the vehicle tile or from the workorder popup) at the time the vehicle is closed out will apply to the next service reminder or appointment reminder. You can always look up what the reminder is going to look like for a particular customer by following these steps:
- Click vehicle search
- Search for the right customer by searching for the last RO #, Customer last name, or license plate number
- Click on the RO number
- Click on the CRM Next Visit tab
- Click on the bell icon