What's In This Article
Overview & Benefits
Integrating your Groove Glove device(s) with AutoVitals will help your shop solve a few common problems many shops experience:
- Instead of measuring tread depth my manual gauges and uneven wear by taking pictures only, the integration enables accurate capturing of tire health with as many scans as the vehicle has tires.
- Visual education makes it easy for the customer to recognize and empowers them to make decisions about tire replacements and adjacent repair or services, like alignments.
- Groove Glove's ability to identify VIN and vehicle type can be leveraged to start a check-in inspection without the need for an existing work order.
The Groove Glove integration with AutoVitals is not available to all shops. If you're interested in using this integration, please contact your Customer Success Advisor. Once enabled, follow the steps below to set up your Groove Glove device(s):
- Open your Shop Settings: https://shop.autovitals.com/settings-app
- Select 3rd Party Integrations
- Select Measurement Devices
Add a Device
On the Groove Glove page, select + Add New Device to add your device(s)
(optional) Enter a Display Name
Enter the device’s Serial Number
Select the Add button to save
Repeat for any other devices
Enter Shop Credentials
Enter your Email Address
Enter your Password
Select the Submit Changes button to save
Can't Find the Serial Number?
Turn on your device and use the first number you see on the starting screen "SN: ####":
Inspection Sheet Configuration
In order for the inspection results to feature the exact location and number of tires per inspection topic, please add the configuration shown in the image to your tire topics on the inspection sheet.
Note: If this configuration is not completed, no Groove Glove data will appear on inspection results
- Look for the Groove Glove configuration and select the axle the inspection topic is dedicated for
- If the Rear axle of a vehicle is configured, please use the automatic detection. That saves you the need to distinguish between rear 2 tires and rear dual wheels (4 tires) since the software will automatically detect whether it is 2 or 4. If you service trailers and /or tractors please use the axle configurations.
Once the Technician has performed the scan, the results are either:
- Automatically attached to an existing RO on the TVP based on the VIN
- Note: This only works if the license plate picture of the vehicle has been taken as the first step of the Groove Glove scan
- OR a new vehicle tile is created if no RO exists or if the VIN match was unsuccessful
Once the inspection has been performed for the vehicle, the Service Advisor sees the original Groove Glove results by clicking on the wheel icon behind the VIN of the vehicle on the RO pop-up.
If the inspection sheet is configured as described in the Inspection Sheet Configuration section, the results will show in the customer notes on the tablet to the Technician:
The tablet also shows the tire profile graphics as part of the Preview Images feature in the camera viewer (lower right corner in the image below):
On the TVP screen, the Service Advisor will see the notes and images on the inspection tab. The Groove Glove notes are unapproved by default. The Service Advisor should review them in the Image/Notes Editor to make sure the notes match the graphics and Technician's findings.
Customers will see the tire profile as individual images, notes (if approved), and recommended action from the Groove Glove in their inspection results:
Clicking on the tire profile graphic will reveal more details, added by the Service Advisor using the Image/Notes Editor: