What's In This Article
- Integration Overview Video
- Getting Started: Repair Order Creation
- How to Send Information from AutoVitals to TRACS
- Supported 2-Way Integration Information
Integration Overview Video
For the best video viewing experience:
Click the gear icon and then click Quality
Select the highest-quality setting (usually 1080p60)
Click Full Screen
Getting Started: Repair Order Creation
When an RO is saved with at least one authorized labor job in NAPA TRACS Enterprise, it’s pushed to AutoVitals and will appear on the Today’s Vehicle Page (TVP). AutoVitals receives the RO details with associated customer and vehicle information.
The following information is required:
- Customer Name
- Vehicle Year, Make, and Model
- At least 1 authorized Labor line
- Change the status to Repair Order
How to Send Information from AutoVitals to TRACS
On the Today’s Vehicle Page (TVP) in AutoVitals, there are 2 options to send information back to NAPA TRACS Enterprise:
Update VIN/ODO: will push only VIN, license plate, and odometer in/out back to TRACS
Update WO: will push all of the information available, including vehicle information back to TRACS (see more detail in the section below)
Note: These buttons must be clicked to send information back to TRACS. Information will not send automatically to avoid changes to the work order happening without the Service Advisor’s knowledge.
Supported 2-Way Integration Information
- Vehicle Information: VIN, license plate, odometer in/out
- Technician Assignments: Labor line Technician assignments
- Inspection Information: Recommended Canned Jobs
- Job Information: Customer-facing notes
From the Autovitals.X mobile application, the Technician can easily gather vehicle-specific information from the home screen:
- Press the VIN button to open the camera and scan the VIN tag of the vehicle and this will automatically add the VIN as well as trim level, engine, and drivetrain options
- Press the ENTER ODO button to enter the IN and/or OUT mileage
- Press the Plate button to manually enter the license plate
Today's Vehicle Page
Once this information is gathered, you will be able to see this information on the Repair Order on your TVP:
After the Service Advisor presses UPDATE VIN/ODO or UPDATE WO button, the following information will be pushed to NAPA TRACS Enterprise:
- License Plate
- Odometer In/Out
Note: If any values are empty, or different in TRACS, they will be updated to the value that has been entered in AutoVitals. The VIN may need to be decoded in TRACS after it’s been updated.
Technician assignments can be performed in either AutoVitals or NAPA TRACS Enterprise:
- If you assign the technician(s) in TRACS, AutoVitals will detect it and automatically assign the Repair Order to that Technician's tablet and Tech View column on the TVP.
- If you assign a labor line to a technician(s) in AutoVitals (or assign the Default Technician to all labor lines), once the UPDATE WO button is pressed, TRACS will update each labor line to the assigned Technician(s).
After the Technician has completed the inspection on the AutoVitals.X app, if you have your NAPA TRACS Enterprise canned jobs integrated with your inspection sheet (more on that here), those recommended canned jobs will be sent back to the Repair Order in TRACS.
- Canned Jobs in TRACS Enterprise are items where the type is "Labor"
- If the Canned Job has parts or other items connected to it in TRACS, all of those items will be added to the RO in TRACS as well
Once you select UPDATE WO on the RO in AutoVitals, configured recommended canned jobs will populate in TRACS as unapproved labor lines on the RO:
Customer-facing notes on approved labor lines on the RO in AutoVitals will be pushed to NAPA TRACS Enterprise.
Any approved Customer Notes in AutoVitals will be sent to TRACS when you select the UPDATE WO button:
If you have any additional questions, reach out to our Support Team by clicking Submit a Request in the top right-hand corner of this page.