What's in This Article
- How To Configure Smart Markers
- How To Automate The Addition of a Smart Marker or Inspection
- How to Map a Canned Job to an Inspection in Autovitals
- How Smart Markers Appear in the Technician's View
How To Configure Smart Markers
Smart Markers have been a huge success on the previous version of the Today’s Vehicle Page (TVP). We made them even more powerful. The image below gives an overview of all features.
- There are 4 configurable smart marker spots available per vehicle tile. The markers are used to describe specific attributes of a work order, which are typically specific to the current visit.
- Checking the checkbox makes the smart marker permanent across visits.
- Smart markers can be specific to Customers, Vehicles, Parts, and Work Orders.
- After you have selected the position of the marker in Step 1, you select the type of marker by checking the checkbox.
- On the bottom panel, you can configure all attributes of the selected marker.
- Not quite finding the marker you need? Redefine an existing one, or
- Create a new smart marker
How To Automate The Addition of a Smart Marker or Inspection
Based on a Canned Job In the Point of Sale
- Open the Smart Marker Configuration window by clicking on any vehicle’s smart marker or button to add a special marker
- Click Add New (or Edit Marker if the marker you want to add the automation to already exists)
- Select the “Icon” marker type
- Choose the canned job that should trigger the addition of the smart marker
- Add an inspection sheet if the canned job should also trigger the addition of an inspection to that labor line for the technician
- Name the Icon (that appears when manually adding the smart marker on the Today’s Vehicle Page (TVP)
- Name the tool tip that appears when hovering over the smart marker
- Select a color for the marker
- Indicate which Smart Marker category this marker belongs in (Customer, Vehicle, Parts, or Work Order)
- Click Add Marker
How to Map a Canned Job to an Inspection in Autovitals
- Select Edit Marker
- Select The Marker you wish to edit
- Select the canned job you want to add or edit
- Select what canned job you are looking for
- add the canned job
- Select the inspection sheet you want mapped to the canned job
How Smart Markers Appear in the Technician's View
Each smart marker is displayed on the main screen, often indicating inspections or notes that each shop designates.
If the tech clicks on any of the smart markers, a note will pop up indicating the tooltip of the smart marker.
When the Technician opens the vehicle tile on their tablet, the smart marker is still displayed with the same clickable feature. A magnifying glass will appear next to linked inspections and the technician will be able to click on that and bring them directly to the inspection sheet.
Note: When creating or editing a Smart Marker there is an option to "Make Invisible" which will not populate a visible marker on the TVP vehicle tile or the Tablet App vehicle tile but will populate the magnifying glass icon for the Technicians to go directly to the specified inspection sheet.