Let Visuals Tell You the Vehicle Status
Smart Markers have been a huge success on the previous version of the Today’s Vehicle Page (TVP). We made them even more powerful. The image below gives an overview of all features.
- There are 4 configurable smart marker spots available per vehicle tile. The markers are used to describe specific attributes of a work order, which are typically specific to the current visit.
- Checking the checkbox makes the smart marker permanent across visits.
- Smart markers can be specific to Customers, Vehicles, Parts, and Work Orders.
- After you have selected the position of the marker in step 1, you select the type of marker by checking the checkbox.
- On the bottom panel, you can configure all attributes of the selected marker.
- Not quite finding the marker you need? Redefine an existing one, or
- Create a new smart marker
How to Automate the Addition of a Smart Marker
A create a Smart Marker or Inspection based on a Canned Job in the point of sale
- Open the Smart Marker Configuration window by clicking on any vehicle’s smart marker or button to add a special marker
- Click Add New (or Edit Marker if the marker you want to add the automation to already exists)
- Select the “Icon” marker type
- Choose the canned job that should trigger the addition of the smart marker
- Add an inspection sheet if the canned job should also trigger the addition of an inspection to that labor line for the technician
- Name the Icon (that appears when manually adding the smart marker on the Today’s Vehicle Page (TVP)
- Name the tooltip that appears when hovering over the smart marker
- Select a color for the marker
- Indicate which Smart Marker category this marker belongs in (Customer, Vehicle, Parts, or Work Order)
- Click Add Marker