This article and video will cover the Autovitals and Tekmetric 2-way integration.
Tekmetric 2-Way Integration Video
For the best video viewing experience:
Click the gear icon and then click Quality
Select the highest-quality setting (usually 1080p60)
Click Full Screen
Getting Started: What information is required in Tekmetric?
- Customer name
- Year and make
- At least 1 authorized Labor line
How to Send Information from Autovitals to Tekmetric
On Today’s Vehicles Page with the RO open, there are 2 buttons
UPDATE VIN/ODO will send only VIN, license plate, and odometer in/out
UPDATE WO will send all of the information available, including VIN, license plate, and odometer in/out, canned jobs from the inspection, job line information, and technician assignment
Those buttons must be clicked to send the information. This is done to avoid changes to the work order happening without the service advisor’s knowledge.
Supported 2-Way Integration Information
Summary of transferrable information
- License Plate
- Odometer In/Out
- Default Assigned Technician
- Labor Line Technician assignment
- Recommended Canned Jobs
- Customer-facing Notes & Images
- Inspection URL
- Customer-facing Notes & Images
- Completion status
From the Autovitals.x app, the technician can easily gather vehicle-specific information right from the home page.
- Press the VIN button to open the camera and scan the VIN tag of the vehicle and this will automatically add the VIN as well as trim level, engine, and drivetrain options
- Press the ENTER ODO button to enter the IN and/or OUT mileage
- Press the Plate button to manually enter the license plate
Today's Vehicle Page
Once this information is gathered, you will be able to see this information on the Repair Order Tile pop-up
After the Service Advisor presses UPDATE VIN/ODO or UPDATE WO the VEHICLE INFO and IN: / OUT: fields in Tekmetric will be filled in with that information
Technician assignment can be performed in either Autovitals or Tekmetric.
- If you assign the technician(s) in Tekmetric, Autovitals will detect that assignment and automatically assign that Repair Order to that technician's tablet and Techview column.
- If you assign the technician(s) in Autovitals, once the UPDATE WO button is pressed Tekmetric will update each labor line and/or the default tech to the assigned technician(s)
To assign the technician in Autovitals, you can use the drag-and-drop feature to move a tile to the desired technicians column in Techview.
Or you can use the ASSIGN WORKSHEET button to...
- Select the Default Technician and/or...
- The labor line-specific technician assignment
- Default Technician
- Labor line-specific Technician
After the technician has completed the inspection on the Autovitals.x app, the URL for the inspection can be sent back to Tekmetric. Additionally, if you have your Tekmetric canned jobs integrated with your inspection sheet, those canned jobs can be sent back to the repair order in Tekmetric which can greatly decrease estimating time if utilized correctly.
- Pre-configured canned job selected as the ACTION
- Approved Customer Note and Photo for each Topic for any Topic with a configured canned job recommendation
- A URL will be generated and sent in Tekmetric for the selected inspection report
Once the UPDATE WO button is pressed, and configured canned job recommendations will populate as unapproved labor lines on the repair order in Tekmetric.
- Canned Job that was recommended in the inspection report
- Customer Note and Photo attached to the Note field within the job
- Inspection Report URL
If the Technician adds information to an approved labor line, that information can be sent back in Tekmetric.
- Job Completion can be set to 100% on either the Autovitals.x app or from the Today's Vehicle Page by pressing the circle-icon to the left of the desired labor line
- Approved Customer Photos and Notes
Once the UPDATE WO button is pressed, any labor lines with Job Completion or approved Customer Photos and Notes will update to display that information
- Job Completion
- Customer Photos and Notes
These are the additional features that fall outside of the 2-way integration features.
If a Keytag number is added in Tekmetric, that Keytag number will automatically transfer to the tile in Autovitals.
Open Tekmetric Repair Order from Autovitals
From the Today's Vehicle Page tile, there is a link to open a direct link to the Repair Order in Tekmetric. Simply (1) press the POS button located in the top-left of the Work Order pop-up. This will save several clicks if the Repair Order isn't open in Tekmetric already, and is especially helpful if you only have one monitor.
If you have any additional questions, reach out to our Support Team by clicking Submit a Request in the top right-hand corner of this page.